Dr Lisa Fraser from Gordonvale Family Medical Centre has some health tips based on her experiences and observations from living in Gordonvale and working as a local GP.
Thank you and well done
- to those who have come forward for vaccination, including aged care workers; from August 9th, 12–15year-olds will be eligible,
- vaccination rates are around 26%, as Pfizer roll out continues, we hope that will improve,
- to those who are working on their diabetes, coming for reviews and seeing their sugars improve,
- to those people who are coming for their health assessments, preventing falls and staying in their own home for longer.
- People attacked by dogs come through the clinic weekly. Ensure proper fencing and careful breed choice. Report stray dogs to Council. Stray dogs prevent people from exercising freely.
- High skin cancer rates- be a leader, wear sunscreen (can actually reverse dense solar keratosis disease) sleeves and a hat.
- Improving our driving behaviour saves the lives of our fellow community members.
- Swim for your well-being, Gordonvale Pool has a cover. How lucky we are; and have you seen the bathroom renovations and hot showers!